Friday, February 12, 2010

Post #1: Hmmmm....

Is it worth it to hold out for a job you're truly passionate about? Should you accept the first "steady" job available to you? 

Hi, my name is Mike, a soon-to-be WSU graduate and first time blogger from the western United States (west coast left coast best coast!). I can't believe its taken my 22 years to get on board with this blogging thing so far -- but here I am. Titled the multidirectional life, its name stems from my human development class. Multidirectional is a characteristic of development that means changes occurs in every direction, not always in a straight life, and is both predictable and unexpected. 

That sounds like my life right now. With a job offer on the table (doing something that I literally care nothing about) should I conform and sell my soul to the "man" for the early chance of living successfully on my own? If I took this job, I'd really really only be financially successful,  will that do it for me?

Everyone seems to have their own opinion, but financial success doesn't seem to do it for me. The phrase money doesn't buy happiness has never rang more true for me. Money ($$$$$$) can buy you jet skis and promiscuous endeavors whose names you don't remember in the morning. Is that really happiness? 

Not for me. I'm going to do something that I'm truly passionate about -- no matter how long it takes. 

Take the ride along with me and we'll see where I end up...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment